When navigating through Study Island, I first was unaware of the content of knowledge that you can acquire from this website. I like how this site was very user friendly and was easy to follow the directions to get you through to the area of interest. It was also nice to see that it is in class grade sections so that you can directly to the course and be able to further your knowledge in areas that you may be having difficulties. I like the fact that when you start the drills you get immediate feedback so you know if you answered the question right or wrong. I also enjoyed that they do not ask the same questions over and over so that the students does not memorize the answer but are required to think the questions through and they reflect the answer. The question are always changing and I think that is great way for students to have to dig a little deeper so that they actually asborb the material and understand what it is being taught.
When I was in middle and high school, computers were just evolving and students were not required to learn how to use the materials that are now available to help students that may need that extra time on specific areas. I really like the fact that this site can be used clear through the high school years. I feel with this type of materials that are available students will have a better grasp on what they are learning and can do it at their own pace.
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I totally agree with you post.
Post a Comment