Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Ethics in Education

In this article the author Jeremy Moss discusses censorship especially on the internet as well as other areas such as television and or books. As for the internet it is less likely to be censored compared to adults being able to restrict children from watching certain movies or television shows. Unless you have access in a school and then the school may restrict what is available to view. In each of the case studies I wasn't to sure if I was for or against. I had taken the situations and looked at them at both stand points. As far as the last case study, I felt that accessing pornographic websites at the workplace and or anyother public place is unexceptable because this could affend some people at his workplace. Then again like Alex in the case study argues and thinks the government should not be allowed to decide on what material he access in the privacy of his own home. This is true, but who is to say that Alex won't turn into a porn junkie and let the situation get out of control. This could hurt others, such as young children or even within a relationship. Also in the other case study when Jason is doing a research project, I felt that if he isn't able to access all the information he needs then how is he to complete the assignment accuratley?

No comments: