In the article, "No one likes to pay for music-or much else", by Andrew Potter the issue of illegal downloading of music and other content on the internet is addressed. The Free Culture Movement believes things such as news, books, film, games, and music should all be free; "information wants to be free". Film studios and music produces are opposed to the Free Culture Movement and want more strict consequences for illegal downloading. The McGuinness's tax-and-distribute model is a model in which the government charges a internet tax that would give people the right to download content on the internet.
I believe that this is going to be a very hot topic in today's society. The internet gives us multiple opportunity to have information, music, etc for free and with little effort. I think that the idea of the government charging a internet tax is a good idea because it would give everyone the right to download music and other content without paying every time.
Monday, September 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
My only problem with the internet tax is how they will determine who they will tax. I do not download free music on the internet so I don't feel I should be taxed. Will they tax everyone who has internet or just those who use certain music downloading programs?
Post a Comment