The article " Ethics in education" by Jeremy Moss, discusses the use of censorship on the Internet. Examples of the things being censored: books, television, or the radio; it also gave examples of case studies where individuals felt that their rights were being violated. The ethics that the article discusses whether or not censoring things violates rights to freedom of speech and other civil and rights.
I feel that censoring information on the Internet in all public places is a good thing. It helps offensive information from reaching individuals, such as children, in private and also in public places. Schools especially should be censored more closely. There are many offensive things that are on the internet that kids should not see. There have been times that I, as a student, have been looking up information on the Internet and the images that were very offensive to me.
Censoring on private internet I am not sure about. I think that there are somethings that should be censored regardless if it is private or public. Things such as pornography. Those types of things should never be accessible on the Internet and are available in other well censored ways such as video renting. However, detailing historical facts, I don't think should be as closely censored.
I think that if it is necessary to censor the Internet then it should be done.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It is difficult to allow children to search the Internet for help with homework when you never know what the result of their search may bring -- pornography, etc.
its frustrating to have pop up ads and spam pop up with objectionable content while you are on the internet...its offensive whether you are at home or at school.
Post a Comment