This article discusses the many aspects of censorship. The main form of censorship this aricle focuses on is internet censorship. My take on the whole issue of censorship is this: if I don't want to look at something or listen to something I don't have to. And in the same sense, if I don't want my child looking at something or listening to something then I will take measures to ensure he doesn't. I understand the reasoning behind censorship but ultimately I feel like it is a personal censorship. If I want to censor it for myself or my child then I will. But that doesn't mean somebody else needs to be censored from it.
However when it comes to viewing things in a public setting ie: internet at school, billboards, etc. I do believe that censorhip is needed. I will not be able to be at my child's side 24/7 to censor what he sees and hears. Therefore I have to rely on the government's good judgement that they will not allow age inappropriate material in public places.
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment