Thursday, November 13, 2008

simulations blog

I started out using second-life when I did the simulations and I felt that it was kind of stupid. It reminded me of World of Warcraft but without the killing, and the undead monsters. I really felt that it wasn't worth my time, and I would have rather we did the real life simulation instead. Although I could have made that my second choice, I decided to go with Lemonade Stand since it's geared toward younger children. I did two days worth of lemonade selling in the simulation; the first day being sunny and I sold 39 cups of lemonade to 97 potential customers and gained 3% popularity. by the end of the first day I had no ice and very little other supplies so I had to go back to the store so I could purchase more. On the second day, it was raining, and I sold 21 cups to 93 potential customers with 83% satisfaction and gained 6% popularity. 29 of my remaining lemons spoiled that day. I actually enjoyed Lemonade Stand because when it came to the recipe they used whole numbers rather than fractions which was easier for me since I'm terrible at math, and you actually got to see people in the simulation buying your lemonade. I would use Lemonade Stand in my classroom.

No comments: