I spent the most time investigating the game Electro City. This game was very user friendly. I can see it being used in both science and social studies classes to peak students interest in how energy and its by products effect our society. This game not only gives students an environmental look into society it also gives a cost impact. This game can inspire excellent classroom discussion on issues from taxes to what type of energy to use and their long term effects on society.
I also explored Second Life the virtual classroom with a tour of Princeton University. The game was not user friendly for beginners. Logging on alone took over 30 minutes. To use this type of game in the classroom a great deal of preparation would need to be used. The learning potential of the virtual classroom is endless with technologies advancing everyday. The ability to teach advanced science and math in a virtual arena would be phenomenal. However with any new technology on the web inappropriate activities are always a concern. With a proper monitoring systems the benefits out weigh the negatives.
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment