In class we visited several different sites for simulations and second lives. I found these resources to be very helpful not only for students, but we as future educators in knowing what the students are dealing with and spending time with outside of the classroom.
I felt that the different simulations that we had the opportunity to play with were great resources for the students to use within the classroom. I really enjoyed the Lemonade stand, and I think that students can get a real life feeling of different adventures by doing it through these simulations. The students were able to create a lemonade stand and track the sales, profit, and inventory of the stand. This would be great for the students to do as a group project seeing whose stand would better achieve goals and make better profit if it were to be done in the real life.
The Second life was a nice experience of creating my own avatar and going into a whole new world making new friends. This site gave me the opportunity to make the avatar look more like myself and make new friends. I was able to walk or fly wherever I wanted to go. I could also chat with a person from somewhere else. I felt that this was a great experience as a future teacher to see what the children may be doing on their own time, and gives a better feel of the Second life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment