Second life software has many uses for educational purposes. It can be used to tour exotic places around the world, to explore famous paintings, to interact with professional networks. It can bridge language barriers, advertise products, be a virtual classroom or host a debate.
While I believe that the software has potential for many good uses, I do not believe that I would use it in an elementary classroom. I do not think it is appropriate for young users.
It was very interesting to “walk” around in the virtual world and to converse with people from all over the world. Perhaps with practice, I would find the program beneficial for personal use and professional development.
Discover is a wonderful science simulation software that is arranged by grade level and topic. It was very user friendly and enjoyable. It involved higher level thinking. I would definitely recommend this program.
Lemonade Stand was also a good program for elementary students. It involved consumerism – making money, supply and demand, etc. I also evaluated Evolution Lab. I felt the program was difficult to understand and not appropriate for young students.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment