I looked back to my original blog about Study Island, and I still feel that it is a reliable and helpful resource for the classroom. It has many different tools that pertain to the different learning styles. I agree with Tara, however about the price. It is a costly resource, but if the schools, such as Lancaster City Schools can afford them, then it is a handy academic tool to have.
It is helpful to have the resources from the Study Island website, but I don't feel that it is a necessity for the classroom. If schools are in need of other materials Study Island, because of the cost, should be a luxury in the classroom.
I do like the games and different activities that Study Island offers. I think they do a good job of making learning fun, but there are also other strategies that teachers can use to make learning fun, and interactive.
Thursday, October 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment