Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Study Island
When I used the Study Island program I found it to be really boring and I do not see how it could keep a child focused because of it being boring. I was really expecting a type of program that is more hands on and not so much just a bunch of testing. There are many styles of learning and there are many students who are not good test takers and this program could really freak them out and make them even more scared especially if they are not doing very well on this program. I have seen better programs that have more creativity and other activities that I think work much better and keep the children more interested than Study Island does. On top of this the price for these programs are expense and probably comparable to other programs that engage children in a better way. I think that as a teacher this would be good for certain instances when children need to practice their test taking skills but to just learn something for the first time I do not think that it is a good product. Overall I was disappointed with it even though there are some pros to the program I believe there are more cons.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment